Page under Construction
Jever is situated approximately 18km NW of Wilhelmshaven and was the site of a Luftwaffe airfield. More can be found of the airfield here or by clicking on RAF Jever below, and there is little need to add much to what is already there, except to give the name the Barracks was known by prior to its use by the R.A.F.
To be brief the Military presence in Jever started with the occupation of the Airfield by the 7th Armoured Division in 1945, being used by a procession of Polish, Canadian, British, and Danish units, before spending time as a D.P. Camp for Jewish refugees etc . Only one unit is provisionally known at the moment, and is shown under the Barracks below. The R.A.F. took over the Camp in 1951.