BAOR Locations

Did you serve here...
Welcome     Home     History of BAOR     Barracks     Locations     Canadian Inf Bde     Regiments/Brigades     What's New     Forum     Links      
14th/20th Hussars - B Squadron
 
Berlin Armoured Squadron 1985 - 1988
 
 
Photograph courtesy of Brian Thomas
 
From 1985, the Berlin Armoured Squadron was found from the 14th/20th Hussars who were, at that time, based in Cambrai Barracks, Catterick, moving to York Barracks, Munster in 1988. Around this time, C Squadron replaced B Squadron in name only, the personnel remaining in place. This was the second time that B Squadron had been in Berlin in this role, they were as part of the BAOR APC Regiment from December 1957 to November 1960.
 
The Berlin Squadron was permanently withdrawn in 1991.
 
Confirmation of these details would be appreciated as there is some question on the date of the demise of the Berlin Armoured Squadron.